On other hand, Microsoft Office offers excellent tools for creating and editing your documents, presentations and spreadsheets offline, with support of advanced features for formatting your all sized documents. In short one tools lets you create, edit and view your docs offline, while other lets you view, edit and share your docs on the move.
A simple solution to create an idle workflow would be that you create a document with MS Office, Save on your Hard Disk and make it avaialble on Google Docs instantly to share with your collaborators or frends too. Below are some of the tools worth a try:
1. Google Cloud Connect: MS Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 users can sync their office documents directly to Google docs using Google Cloud Connect plugin for Microsoft Office. You can access your documents anywhere by using a unique URL through Google Docs. Documents can be easily shared and edited by multiple users. Also a full revision history is kept as the files are edited, so users can revert to earlier versions easily. [screenshot]
2. Offisync: Before Google Cloud Connect, Offisync was the only option to sync your Office docs with Google docs. Offisync is a plugin for Microsoft Office developed by Oudi Antebi, a former marketing manager at Microsoft. After installing the plugin you can see an extra ribbon tab in your Office documents. [screenshot.] You can save your docs directly on the cloud, interacting interface to browse, search and edit your docs with Google Docs directly with your MS Office, also modify document permission to share with your collaborators.
3. Insync: With insync you can directly sync your documents on your local computer with Google Docs just by signing in with your Gmail account. Whenever you create or edit a file on your desktop, it will be automatically synced with Google Docs. The desktop client is available for both Mac and Windows with free 1GB pooled storage for 5 users. You can contact the vendor page for more storage requirement.
4. Syncplicity: Syncplicity is similar to Insync or Dropbox like service. You can directly sync docs on your local deskptop folder with Google Docs. Just link your Gmail account with syncplicity and designate a specific folder on your desktop which will be automatically synced with Google Docs when you create or edit a document. Its a bi-directional service. Edit your document on your desktop and it will be synced with Google Docs, similarly after editing document on google docs will be synced with desktop folder. [screenshot]
5. Gladient Starter: With the help of gladient starter, your Google Docs will be used as a Virtual Drive on your local computer. User can access all the Google Docs in Windows Explorer. Once the storage is mounted as local folders, users can setup backup tasks in Gladinet, to simultaneously backup multiple local folders to a redundant array of cloud storage. Any files saved to this folder are uploaded to Google Docs.You can also drag-n-drop documents to and from this virtual folder. [screenshot]
Google Docs supports 12 file format to store your document, but still the original formatting is less likely to be preserved.