With CBXShell software you can view you thumbnail preview of your zip or rar files. CBX Shell is a Windows Explorer shell extension that enables thumbnail preview as well as tooltip for archives such as CBZ, ZIP, CBR and RAR.
Just download and Install CBX Shell and launch the software. Open folder in explorer mode and change the view to thumbnail. Now view your zip and rar files with thumbnail. CBX Shell takes the first image from the archive and sets it as the thumbnail for the archive. If the ‘Sort images alphabetically’, option is selected, CBX Shell sorts the images alphabetically and sets the first image as the thumbnail preview. It’s possible to set a custom thumbnail for an archive, but this has to be done at the time of creation of the archive file.
- CBX Shell supports JPG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, GIF and ICO.
- works on Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows 7 (32 / 64-bit).
- ZIP64 archives are not supported.
- Thumbnail may not be displayed if the archive is damaged.
- Images larger than 32 MB are not displayed to avoid memory consumption.
- Encrypted ZIP and RAR archives can not display thumbnail.