- Go the Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
- To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
- Click OK.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124.
- Restart the connection you selected in step 3.
[FIX] Cannot Access Facebook. CSS Broken!
Recently when I tried to access my Facebook account using my Firefox browser, I saw a complete dead page with broken CSS. I thought Facebook might be doing some site maintainence, but what the heck, I was not able to access Fb for one single whole day.
Now you would know how it feels if you are a hardcore Facebook user accessing Facebook more than 10 times a day. I tried accessing Facebook from other browser, cleaning up the browser cache, cookies, used the registry cleaner, reinstalled the browser, even scanned my whole PC for virus but nothing worked around. The same page appeared again and again….
But I was able to access Facebook from my mobile and my friends were able to access Facebook too, so one thing was sure that somethings wrong with my own computer and not with Facebook. I tried contacting Facebook for my query via email, but as usual no-reply from them.
I Googled around for Facebook CSS broken and found that I was not alone facing same issue. I find that there was an error with DNS pre-fetching while accessing Facebook. The page was always used to hang around on static.ak.fbcdn.com…
That’s why I tried changing my DNS server to Google Public DNS and Viola!!! it just worked…
I was able to access Faceb00k again.
If you are facing the same problem, just follow the follow the following steps:
This worked fine for me. Try it, this might work for you too…
Article by » Editor
Admin and Editor of iBlognet iBlognet has written 294 fantastic article(s) on iBlognet.
Author Connect »