At the recent Facebook F8 Developer Conference held in San Fransisco, Mark Zuckerberg, revealed some interesting feature for Facebook. If you have attended the conference or watched the live streaming, you might know it very well. Facebook Timeline was one of the main attraction at the conference. The Facebook Timeline will show a complete history of your activity on Facebook, since when you signed up on Facebook. In short the Timeline will act as your biography on Facebook.
“It’s the heart of your Facebook experience, completely rethought from the ground up,” Zuckerberg says, noting that they’ve been working on it all year. “Timeline is the story of your life.”
The Facebook Timeline shows all your recent content in a new grid-view. As you scroll down, it’s more about summarizing your content to display the most important content. The new Facebook Timeline will be officially launched on September 29th, 2011. Everyone’s profile will be shown in a Timeline after the launch. You can sign up for Facebook Timeline from here. But, if you are too impatient to wait till Sep 29th, you can enable the timeline now itself. Till then no one can see your Facebook Timeline except yourself. Follow the steps below to enable Facebook Timeline.
1. Log into Facebook
2. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/app and click Allow Permission.
3. Now Create a New App and enter app name and namespace.
4. Now you will be shown a page, where you can see your app details. Click on Save and go to Open Graph in the left sidebar.
5. Create a test action of your new open graph app. Example: “watch” a “movie”, “read” a “newspaper”, “Visit” a “Profile” and click on “Get Started“.
6. Now you will be shown a page where you can edit you app actions like its tense, attachment and other. You don’t need to do anything else on this page, you can keep as it is, click on Save and Next.
7. Now just visit your Facebook homepage, you will see an invitation to enable Timeline. Enable the Timeline and view your profile. This Timeline will be visible only to you, and to everyone from Sep 29th.
Note: If you access your Facebook account from another computer, [before Sep 29th] your Timeline is turned off. To get it back, enter the follow URL into your browser: http:www.facebook.com/[yourusername]?sk=timeline. Make sure to replace [yourusername] with your actual Facebook username.[Get you username here]
After enabling the timeline, don’t forget to add a cover pic as a profile background. You can resize the pic to 815x315px to get the exact Cover Page size. And do complete your profile information for better Timeline view. Do share your views if you have enabled Timeline on your profile!!!