Dropbox is absolutely free, but there’s an option where you can upgrade to pro with some extended features.
The Dropbox enables a user to drop and save any file into a designated dropbox folder which is then synced with Dropbox’s Internet service and to any other of the user’s computers and devices with the Dropbox client.
Also if any files gets deleted from the Dropbox folder, it may be recovered from any of the synced computers.
Dropbox also holds a DMCA policy, where they have a right to delete any folder or file which is copyrighted or pirated from any user account.
What can you do with Dropbox?
- Dropbox allows you to sync your files online and across your computers automatically
- Quickly updates files and folder when edited; to the dropbox server
- Directly link to files and folders using a separate public folder
- All transmission of file data and metadata occurs over an encrypted channel (SSL)
- Public files are only viewable by people who have a link to the file(s)
- Backup important files online
- Mobile clients available to backup your mobile data
- Create a free static website.
- Basic Plan: 2GB Space | Price: Free | Sign up Here
- Pro 50: 50GB Space | Price: $9.99/month | Sign up Here
- Pro 100: 100GB Space | Price: 19.99/month | Sign up Here
How to use Dropbox?
- Sign up for a free account from here and verify your email address.
- Download the dropbox desktop client from here and install it on your desktop
- When prompted you will be asked to login with you id which you created in first step.
- When prompted choose a specific Dropbox folders location to sync all your file. [Tip: Don’t choose a location where your OS is installed]
- Finally, start syncing…!